Happy Tuesday my lovelies, how are you? It’s been a week since my operation and I am feeling a little bit better, the whole recovery is going to take time and a lot of rest, which is the reason this post is a day late. I spent the majority of my day yesterday sleeping so I am sorry that I didn’t upload this on time.
I have also been having a hard few days so I would also like to apologise for not being on top of things, I know this year has been a bit of a mess but now things are coming together my blog will become my top priority. Anyway, enough about me let’s get onto the real post.
Tonight I am bringing you my third interview from my new collection. Tonight I am very pleased to introduce you to Ashley from www.followingthecuisine.com/
I prefer hot chocolate – Ashley’s interview
1. Introduce yourself, what is your name?
- My Name is Ashley. This year I will be 27 on May 27th (: (I hear that’s called a “Golden” birthday) I recently quit my job, March 9th is my last day. I just moved out of my apartment and am in the process of writing about how that’s affecting me right now. so we’ll see where that takes me, it’s the start of something.
2. What made you want to start a blog?
- I started this blog with the idea in mind for something much bigger than me, but that will come in time. Short term reasons was to try to make some money while I am traveling in the fall, to find a way to tell people stories and share different cultures, to open the minds of others by letting them in honestly and openly. To find an outlet to express myself and reach others who can relate to my life and maybe find others who can relate to us we’re all more alike than we are different despite how society forms it.
3. What inspired your blog name?
- I actually took the name, following the cuisine from a blog 3 years ago that I started while I was traveling, but I wasn’t as serious about it and so I let it go, but was able to get it back which was super cool. It’s just something that I feel is what takes me from place to place, not just the food but the cuisine of the cultures I get to experience along the way.
4. Do you think your blog has been a success?
- I don’t know what’s necessarily considered a “success” by standards. It’s only been like 3 months but I think it’s going well. For sure it could be more successful if I had more time to put into it, but for the amount of time I have right now, I think its going pretty well. It’s super exciting to see how many people view my posts.
5. How do you spend your day to day life when you are not blogging?
- I am literally always working. I work as a line cook at a high end restaurant in NYC right now so I’m there like 60 hours a week. When I’m not working though I’m usually just chilling at home watching Netflix, eating, doing laundry or hanging out with my boy.
6. Who knows about your blog and are they supportive?
- Most people in my family know about it and are supportive. My parents don’t know about it, they’re not too tech savvy. My youngest sister was on my case a bit in the beginning because she was sick of hearing my talk about it but after she read my post “a heart-breaking year” she can sense the seriousness of it to me now. My friends know about it as well, and everyone who’s read it has had positive feedback.
7. If you wasn’t blogging, what do you think you would be doing?
- I think I’d still be looking for a way to tell my “story”. I do write in a notebook and that helps, especially when I’m not ready to actually share with others yet. Otherwise I’d still just be living my life, traveling, working & eating. There’s just something nice in sharing with others and being able to talk about great experiences.
8. What/who inspires your new posts?
- I think the things that inspire me the most to write is just things I go through in my day to day life, or more important what I can take away from those things. Whether it’s the lessons learned, or being able to talk my way through my emotions so I can come to a greater understanding and grow.
9. Do you have any social media links you would like to share?
- Twitter (ashleycunha) and instagram( _ashleycunha) and my favourite platforms to share on. I am super obsessed with Pinterest too but that’s more of just an awesome thing to look at. Twitter is awesome because it’s like quick short blog posts I can talk about in the moment. It’s definitely a space for me to share more of my beliefs and I think shows where I stand on things. Instagram is more of where I show all my food experiences and my travels. I just recently went to eat at this great place in Columbus circle and posted that on my story. I’m going to Puerto Rico in a couple weeks and those types of experiences are all shown on my story.
10. What is your blogging goal for the next 5 years?
- hmm. The next 5 years. That seems like such a Long time. If I’ve learned anything this year its that I can’t live up to any plans. So as an overall idea it would just be really awesome to be able to connect with more people and be able to share my life and the moves I make every step of the way. To maybe inspire people to live their lives and be their true self. I think sometimes that’s hard for us to do. I’d love to inspire people to not be afraid to feel their feelings, to be able to open up more and see how expressing yourself can make such a difference to your mental health and overall happiness. To be able to be there for people as a safe place if they ever need. And just be able to grow a following and brand for myself to be able to carry forward with me in all off my ventures and use that to help others where ever I am around the world. That’s the dream I think, no matter what way I do so, to be of service to others.
Thank you so much Ashley for taking part in my interview series, I have loved getting to know you and I am sure my readers will love you too! Again, I am sorry for this being late!
Thank you so much everyone for reading Ashley’s interview, if you have enjoyed getting to know her be sure to head on over to her blog and follow her social medias which are linked above.
If you are enjoying my interviews be sure to let me know by leaving a like and comment below, if you would like to join Ashely and take part, leave a comment below or email me firstname.lastname@example.org or you can fill out my contact for and I will get back to you ASAP.
I will see you all again soon with a brand new post,
Sending you lots of love,