Happy Sunday my loves, how are you? I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend. I have kept myself super busy with work this weekend which is a good thing because otherwise I would have let my mind run wild about my operation tomorrow.
I am finally getting my tonsils removed but I am a little scared because I have never had an operation before, I hate hospitals as it is and after being told some horrible stories, I am well and truly crapping it!
We are not here to talk about my worries though, tonight I am super happy to be bringing you a brand new I prefer hot chocolate Interview. I shared my first interview back with the wonderful Kriti on Monday, so if you haven’t seen that, head on over and take a read after you’ve finished this one.
Tonight I have the great pleasure of introducing you all to Ami from https://undercoversuperhero2.home.blog/ and I am very excited for you all to get to know more about her!
I prefer hot chocolate – Ami’s Interview
1. Introduce yourself, what is your name?
– Hey, I’m Ami, I am 24 and from Norfolk, England. I am a Online Community Champion for Scope, a UK charity that strives for equality in today’s society. I am getting married, in September this year, to my partner of almost 6 years – and its superhero themed!
2. What made you want to start a blog?
– My family told me that I had a story to share, I was hesitant at first but once I began writing, I couldn’t stop! Writing about my journey to recovery as enabled me to talk more openly about the events that have happened to me.
– Also, I hoped to raise awareness and reach out to others or their loved ones who are going through something similar.
3. What inspired your blog name?
– I LOVE superheroes! Our comic book heroes may save their cities but some of them suffer with illnesses too. I’m not a superhero, however in another world…maybe I could be? So ‘UndercoverSuperhero’ seemed very appropriate!
4. Do you think your blog has been a success?
– I never voiced my opinion before I started my blog, I was always made to believe that my opinion never mattered. It was not until during my 9-month hospital stay that I realised that people actually like what I say. I finally found my true self and I felt comfortable within.
– Creating my blog was a huge stepping stone and I’m glad I took a chance because I’ve spoken to some amazing people and received lovely feedback on what I have written. The numbers do not matter to me, my aim is to make others aware that they are not alone. If it’s just one person that my blog has had an impact on, then that’s success to me.
5. How do you spend your day to day life when you are not blogging?
– My days usually consist of physiotherapy sessions, hospital appointments (living the dream!). I do enjoy physio though, I have taken up photography and currently, trees are my inspiration and I am in love with some of the photos I have taken!
– As I have mentioned above, I am an online community for Scope so I am on my tablet most of the day, welcoming new members, providing information and links to useful resources. Also, we help to keep the online community a safe and supportive place for everyone.
6. Who knows about your blog and are they supportive?
– My family, my friends and even Ewan’s work colleagues! Every single one of them has supported me each step of the way and they look forward to new posts.
7. If you wasn’t blogging, what do you think you would be doing?
– As a wheelchair user, it has been challenging to find new hobbies along with my disabilities. Planning our wedding is turning out to be a really fun process and I am currently creating a wedding blog, it’s very much a work in progress but I’m looking forward to seeing the end result?
8. What/who inspires your new posts?
– Life experiences and generally putting my heart on my sleeve. A lot of negativity is shared throughout social media so I try to outweigh it with positivity. Anything that makes me happy!
9. Do you have any social media links you would like to share?
– I do have a few and I would love to engage with new people! You can find me on:
My Blog: https://undercoversuperhero2
My FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/UndercoverSuperheroAmi/
10. What is your blogging goal for the next 5 years?
– To continue raising awareness and collaborating with a variety or bloggers!
Thank you so much Ami for taking part in my interview series I think you are absolutely amazing! I cannot wait to follow you in this amazing journey that you’re on and I really hope that you try a hot chocolate very soon!
If you enjoyed getting to know Ami please make sure you head on over and show your support on all of the links above. If you would like to get involved like Ami then feel free to leave a comment with your email address below or you can send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much for reading tonight’s post if you have enjoyed it please do let me know by leaving a like and comment your favourite hot drink below. If you would like a super shout out over on my Instagram be sure to share this post and tag me in it.
I will hopefully see you all again soon,
Sending you all my love,