Happy Tuesday lovelies! I hope you’re all well, I am exhausted and I can’t wait to eat my roast dinner and jump into bed! I have so much to do this week I am slowly getting through my list!
Tonight I am bringing you an interview with the very lovely Ruth from http://www.ruthinrevolt.com/ and I tell you what, I absolutely love her! Let’s just jump straight in shall we?
1. Introduce yourself, what is your name?
- My name is Ruth, I’m 27 and I live in Aberdeen.
2. What made you want to start a blog?
- To cut a long story short, I’ve always loved writing but never had the courage to pursue it because I didn’t think I was good enough. After receiving treatment for anxiety and depression, I started to be able to think a little clearer and realised I should put my writing out there. I’m not a fair judge of my own work, after all!
3. What inspired your blog name?
- Basically, I feel like there’s a bully living inside my head, telling me I can’t do this, that nobody cares what I have to say and I’m not a good writer. “In revolt” is me rebelling against that – putting my writing out there, despite what the bully is telling me.
4. Do you think your blog has been a success?
- It’s early days. I’ve been blogging for less than a month, but it’s going better than I expected. I’d say it’s going well so far.
5. How do you spend your day to day life when you are not blogging?
- Truthfully, it’s taken over my whole life! I ended up leaving my job because of my mental health reasons so I have plenty of time to dedicate to it. I do make a point of spending time with my boyfriend on the weekends, though! We enjoy going for walks or going out for a meal.
6. Who knows about your blog and are they supportive?
- Everybody knows and I couldn’t have asked for a better response. They’ve all been incredible!
7. If you wasn’t blogging, what do you think you would be doing?
- Feeling sorry for myself. It’s given me a renewed sense of purpose and determination.
8. What/who inspires your new posts?
Life, and all aspects of it! I’m constantly thinking about all sorts of things so blogging gives me an outlet for that.
9. Do you have any social media links you would like to share?
Here are all my links, I’d love to meet more bloggers.Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/ruthinrevoltInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/ruthinrevoltFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/ruthinrevoltPinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/ruthinrevolt
10. What is your blogging goal for the next 5 years?
- My priority will always be to help others. If people read my blog and it helps them in some way, then I’m doing alright! Of course, I would love to have it as a source of income if I can get it off the ground, and I’m working hard to do that, but my intentions are to enhance the lives of my readers in some way.
I absolutely love Ruth because one she is from Aberdeen which I am jealous of and if you check out her socials, she is deserves the follow and the love. Thank you so much Ruth for taking part in my interview series. I hope you loved Ruth’s interview, she definitely deserves your love and support. She is absolutely amazing.
If you have enjoyed this interview, let me know by leaving a like and show Ruth all of your support. I will be back tomorrow at 7:30 pm with a haul. I hope you’re all staying safe during freshers week! The rest of you, I hope you have a wonderful evening and I hope you self indulge.
Have a wonderful evening!