Happy Wednesday lovelies and a very happy end to the month. Are you glad it’s over? Are you looking forward to June? I uploaded my May overview yesterday if you want to check it out, I’ll leave a link here.
If you have been following me for a while, you’d know that I set myself goals each month, but I always seem to stray from them and I don’t end up completing the ones I have set. Many of you have placed your bets, the overall outcome of your predictions was that I would achieve 6 out of the ten, so lets see if you’re right.
Before I jump into how well, or how utterly crap I am at reaching goals, here is a recap of my goals.
Recap of my May goals
- Eat – I know this is a bit of a bizarre goal but I am starting a diet so I need to make sure I eat and at the right times. I am also going to be taking some shakes as meal replacements (don’t worry, I know what I am doing).
- Save – I am doing really well with my saving so far and now that I am on a contract at my work, I am going to be able to put more money away. I want to save £1,500 in cash (in change actually), and then put as much as I can in my savings account..
- Collaborations – I want to collaborate with more bloggers and brands, I absolutely love creating that content, I feel like its my best content, so I am going to be putting more opportunities up on my social medias for anyone who is interested.
- 100,000 steps – This is my step goal for May, so far it’s been a grand total of 200 steps (I only joined the group today and as I said at the beginning its not been the greatest so I’m going to work harder on it tomorrow).
- Read – I love reading, I have added so many books to my list and I am making my way through my collection. I have a book highlight on my Instagram if you’re interested go check it out.
- Vlog – I am doing okay so far, y first vlog is up if you want to check it out, I’ll leave the link here. Today has been a bit of a flop but I will be vlogging again tomorrow. If you didn’t know, I am uploading a vlog every Wednesday and Sunday at 6pm.
- Picture everything – This month I want to capture so much, I want to go on more trips, I want to actually leave the house to go somewhere other than work. I have a camera that I just don’t use at the moment, so I am going to start using that and start my photography page again.
- Skincare routine – I wont lie, I have kind of neglected doing a full skincare routine, I wash my face morning and night and apply my moisturiser cream but that’s as far as it gets, so I need to start using all of my products in order sort my skin out.
- Time – I have such a bad concept of time, I run late all the time, even with my blog posts so I am going to set myself little alarms to remind me to do things. I’m hoping that will work.
- Just go with the flow – Last month I set myself goals and I spent the month achieving other things instead, so I’m not going to be too harsh on myself this month, if I don’t achieve something, then I don’t, I wont be beat up about it. I’m just going to follow whatever path this month makes for me.
Looking back at them, I didn’t set goals that were totally unrealistic, which was a shock, but I can guarantee that I didn’t achieve them all. So let’s see what I did achieve.
Did I achieve my goals?
- Eat – I managed to semi complete this, I ate breakfast everyday, skipped a few lunches but ate dinner every night, so I did well. Being on my Slimfast shakes really helped with breakfast and the occasional lunches.
- Save – Nope, my bank is shit. They allowed money to go out when I didn’t have the right funds in my bank (I also have a £0.00 allowance for overdraft to stop this from happening) but they don’t care and now want to charge me £96! So saving really isn’t going great.
- Collaborations – I managed to do this with my interview segment (you can read the latest one here) but I haven’t really reached out to anymore brands. I’ll definetley be doing that in the upcoming months.
- 100,000 steps – Another big flop. I have been walking more, a lot more, I pretty much want to walk everywhere. All together I have reached about 34,000 steps.
- Read – I am doing well with this one, I’ve recently moved out so for a while all my books were packed away, but now they’re out again, I’m back to reading.
- Vlog – Nope, honestly not sure why I even bothered setting this goal, I still want to vlog, but I’m going to do it on my own terms.
- Picture everything – The only place I have been is to work and back. Honestly, I am so busy all the time at the moment, it’s so annoying, but I will do my best to take more pictures for my photography Instagram.
- Skincare routine – I wont lie, I have completely mistreated my skin. I really need to work on that next month.
- Time – I became someone completely new person, I managed my time like an absolute pro!
- Just go with the flow – Honestly, I would never have been able to do this, I need to stick to schedules and I have to have everything planned out, so I’m really not surprised that I didn’t achieve this.
So overall, I achieved 4/10 so you were pretty close with the predictions. I can’t wait to share my June goals with you though, well my June in general!
That’s it for tonight’s post, I hope you have enjoyed reading about my goals and how shit I was at completing them. If you did enjoy my post, let me know by leaving a like and commenting below something you are looking forward to next month.
Thank you so much for reading, I’m off for a bath and an early night ready for work tomorrow, but whatever you get up to, I hope you have fun and stay safe.
I’ll see you again on Friday,