Happy Friday huns, I hope you’ve had a great week and are looking forward to this weekend. Let me know in the comments what your plans are.
We all know (
because I bang on about it all the time) that I work every Saturday and Sunday, so I don’t have any plans. I go to work, come home nap, eat, shower, bed and repeat the next day. It’s tiring but it’s also the best job.
Because I don’t have weekends free, I have to do a lot of my blog work during the week, which you might think is easy, but with someone like me, who gets distracted easily, who wants to be outside rather than stuck inside (even when it’s raining) and just wants to be around cute babies, working during the week proves to be difficult.
I found a strategy that works great for me, it keeps me motivated, keeps me working and it also keeps me happy. Here are my steps on how I stay productive.
How I stay productive
- To-do lists – I absolutely hated to-do lists when everyone was giving me jobs that I had to get done, but now I am setting myself tasks, I love them. The key to a To-do list is to write one big goal that you need to achieve today (e.g. write a blog post) and then have little tasks that help you achieve that big goal. I only set myself 4-5 tasks to help me achieve that goal, so it doesn’t feel like too much, but in reality I am doing a lot.
- A calendar full of upcoming posts – I ordered myself a few weekly planners form Depop, but you can get them anywhere for such an inexpensive price. I have one where I write a blog post title in the day I am going to upload so I have a rough idea of what post I am going to be writing and when it’s going to go up. My posts change quite a lot due to collaborations with brands, but I like to stick to schedule as much as I can.
- Alarms and reminders – As I said, I get distracted so quickly, so I needed something that was going to keep me working on the task at hand. I set myself reminders during the day to do simple tasks such as upload a tweet, check Instagram ect. I then set myself alarms for every hour. I know this sounds extreme, but I make sure I work on my task for an hour, then I get to have a break (a distraction) then go back to working for an hour. It almost feels as though I am rewarding myself, which makes me feel the work I am doing is positive because I am getting something positive out of it.
- Day to day plan – As I said, I have more then one weekly planner as well as having a normal calendar. On my second weekly planner, I write down what I am doing each day. I will write birthday’s, when I’m working, when blog posts are going up and then add in any events that I plan during the week too.
- Drink plenty – I find that when I’m on a roll, I neglect myself so much, I don’t eat properly, I hardly drink. It’s not healthy, so I tried drinking water every hour (when my alarm goes off) to keep me hydrated and keep my brain functioning.
- A reward – I don’t reward myself every day once I’ve achieved something, instead I wait until the end of the month and transfer some money into my savers account. This to many is such a lame reward, but this also makes me stay productive and keeps me working towards my goals. If I have had a really good month, I will also treat myself to a new item of clothing, a book or a pair of shoes. But I much prefer transferring money and saving it (I’m such an old person).
- Goals written down – I am one of those people who have to see what they are working towards on paper not just in my mind (mainly because my mind is a mess) so I write my goals that I want to achieve each year (e.g. a 2018 goal is be happy within myself). I find this is my biggest motivator and makes me focus on my work a lot more.
That is how I stay productive, I know that these may seem like simple tasks, but I recommend that you give one or two a try, you’ll definitely be able to see a difference in the way you work.
Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed my post, if you did, leave a like and comment below what your weekend plans are.
Wishing you all a wonderful evening, stay safe and have fun.
I’ll be back tomorrow with another “How my day has been”.
Lots of love,