The WSOP.com website has published a press release announcing that the WSOP Circuit will run throughout 2021. Tournaments will be run in series named after Las Vegas casinos (excluding Winter, Spring and Summer Series). On each of the series, 12 or 18 rings will be played.
Schedule of the WSOP Circuit series in 2021 (the number of “circular” events is indicated in brackets):
- from January 14 to 31 – Winter Online Super Circuit (18)
- February 17-28 – Planet Hollywood Circuit (12)
- March 19-30 – Silver Legacy Circuit (12)
- April 10-27 – Spring Online Super Circuit (18)
- May 8-25 – Caesars Atlantic City Online Circuit (12)
- June 10-27 – Summer Online Super Circuit (18)
- July 16 to 27 – Bally’s Online Circuit (12)
- August 20 – 31 – Rio Online Circuit (12)
- September 15-26 – Caesars Las Vegas Online Circuit (12)
- from 9 to 26 October – Fall Online Super Circuit (18)
- November 10-21 – Paris Las Vegas Online Circuit (12)
- December 8-19 – Harrah’s Las Vegas Online Circuit (12)
- Dec 21 – $ 250K Year End Championship Event (1)
- Features of the WSOP Online Circuit Series: Main Events, Freeroll, Leaderboard and Year End Championship Event
The site has published only the schedule of the next WSOP Winter Online Super Circuit. Here are the main tournaments:
- main event with a buy-in of $ 525 and a guarantee of $ 250K (3 re-entries)
- $ 1K buy-in high roller tournament with a $ 100K guarantee (2 re-entries)
- $ 2K $ 100K Guaranteed Super High Roller Tournament (2 re-entries)
- It is known from the press release that the schedule of each series includes a $ 25K freeroll , in which all the winners of the ring events (12 or 18 people) and the top 10 players of the series leaderboard will take part. And every month players will be giving away $ 10K on the leaderboard .
There will be a total of 12 stages and one special event with a prize pool of $ 250K and a cap of 256 participants, which will win the WSOP gold bracelet. This event is a private freeroll, which can be entered in one of three ways:
- win a ring event,
- win a monthly leaderboard,
- Win a seat in the winner takes all tournament.
By the way, WSOP.com plans to add another streak as soon as another state legalizes online poker. Probably, we are talking about Michigan, where on December 29, Governor Gretchen Whitmer passed amendments to the Michigan online gaming law, according to which residents of this state can now play in a common pool with players from other states. Online poker in Michigan is expected to launch in late January.
Why was the WSOP Circuit stretched out for the whole year?
There are two main reasons for this:
Reason 1. Since live poker in 2021 remains in limbo due to the epidemiological situation, it was decided to move live poker to the Internet.
Typically, the WSOP Circuit stages take place in a variety of locations. Here’s just half of the 2020 WSOP Circuit schedule. There are stages in Brazil, Canada, France, as well as stages in the USA (Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Tunica). Of course, canceling offline events means huge lost profits for organizers.
Reason 2. The WSOP decided to make money on the brand. This reason follows from the first. At least that’s exactly what CEO Ty Stewart said in a press release for wsop.com (it’s unlikely that the guys from the WSOP just sat at home and at Zoom were “happy” about the huge prize pools in the tournaments):
“Players deserve great tournaments and great value throughout the year, which is why we decided to run the WSOP Circuit Online throughout 2021. We were delighted with the massive prize pools of WSOP.com events in 2020 and look forward to seeing growth in the new year. “
The trick is that the WSOP, as the brand owners, keeps 0.5% as an administrative fee on the prize pool of each tournament. Pay attention to this in the lobby the next time you download the WSOPC tournament at GGPOKEROK .
It’s funny that the WSOP Online series was not interesting to the general public in comparison with the live stages of previous years. Here’s what the World Series of Poker search dynamics look like. The Spades on the Chart are the WSOP Series that took place in Las Vegas over the summer. There was no such standard peak in 2020.