I am so excited to be sharing this with you! I finally had someone to make Christmas cookies with! We actually cheated and used a packet mix and placed a square of chocolate in the middle before they cooked. But, I do have the perfect Christmas cookies recipe for you!
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (66 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (104g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (186g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (255g) chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)
- Place melted butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large bowl if using a hand mixer).
- Add granulated and brown sugars and mix on low speed until the mixture is smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Mix in baking soda and salt, then slowly mix in flour and mix just until the batter is smooth and comes together. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl during mixing.
- Slowly mix in chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto the cookie sheet. Spacing doesn’t matter because you will be chilling the dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Remove the chilled cookie dough balls from the refrigerator and space them 2-inches apart on the cookie sheets.
- Bake (2 tablespoon sized cookies) for 11-15 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden and the tops are no longer glossy.
- Let cool on the cookie sheets at least 10 minutes before removing.
Mine and Jacks cookies!
We did it! We created some amazing cookies and they didn’t taste too bad either! Jack did a great good didn’t he!?
Thank you for reading! Blogmas day seventeen will be live real soon!
Sending you all my love and festive cheer,