Hello my loves,
How are you? Before I start, I need to apologise for this post being in absolute shambles, I am really not sure what happened, I had this post all typed up and ready to go live, well, the post did go live, just without all of my work! So here I am, re-typing it all and starting again. So thank you, to those of you who went to read this and let me know that my blog screwed me over. I hope you enjoy!
Why I think self care is important
- For me, self care prevents an overload burnout. I would get these all the time and the slum is awful. I would push and push until there just isn’t anything else to give, then I just flop.
- It reduces stress, which is something that I am honestly always struggling with. Stress should be my middle name I swear.
- Self care also helps me regain and refocus and I then I am able to get back on track and get things moving again.
Self care activities I do
- Read the bible (especially the Psalms).
- Read a book
- Light a candle
- Speak to Jack
- Have a bubble bath
- Look for new opportunities
- Push myself to do something out of my comfort zone
- Walk away from a situation
- Listen to uplifting music
- Keep a note of each feeling as they change throughout the day and why they’ve changed
- See family
- Have alone time
Self care isn’t just bubble baths and music!
One thing I have learnt over the years is that self care is not just bubble baths, a glass of wine and a good book. I now know that self care is also getting rid of the toxic people that love to cause drama and put others down, to walk or run if I had to out of situations that made me feel uncomfortable. I have said no without having to feel guilty about the issues that others have when they don’t get what they want.
I had been feeling at a loss at my work, I just wanted more and more and I just never got it and then I was made to feel I wasn’t good enough to get to where I wanted to be, so I decided to head out and look for somewhere that I could progress, somewhere I could grow and reach my goals in life. I am so thankful to my old job, they taught me so much and it’s thanks to them that I had my foot on the career ladder. I have had a whirlwind of experiences with them, but I did some self care and I accepted a new job! I think that has been my biggest self care achievement.
I have to often remind myself to walk before I run, to crawl before I walk. I so often think I can go way over my head and that’s when I crash and burnout. I am happy at the moment being in the inside lane taking it at the slow pace. I am learning everyday and hey, that’s also part of self care!
Now, thank you for taking the time to read my post. I am so glad that it’s all up now and I have no more issues. I will have a new post up tomorrow and Monday for you too! I’m also heading down to Somerset so I’ll have some exciting posts for you in October!
I’ll see you tomorrow!
Sending you all my love,