Hello my loves,
Happy Saturday, I hope you’re all well. I can’t believe you are going back to school next week! It’s been the quickest six weeks ever!
I won’t lie, Summer has just flown past and tomorrow we will be heading into September. Am I ready for this year to end? Absolutely not! It really needs to slow itself down.
I’m back with another post because August is almost over and it’s time to review my goals, before I do, here’s a little recap of them. If you want to read the full post, you can find it here.
My August goals
- Exercise twice a week – I have really let myself go lately, somehow I have managed to lose weight but I haven’t been working out as much as I usually would which has made me disappointed in myself. My goal this month is to workout at a minimum of twice a week, if I can do more, that is great!
- Be more organised – I have been a bit of a mess and all over the place lately and that really needs to stop! I need to sit down and make a list of everything I need, I want to do, I have already done, things I need to change etc, I just need a giant kick up the backside to be honest.
- Save for my passport and travel fare – I am sick of saying I am going to see the world when I actually only ever see it through other people’s eyes. It’s not something I want o be stuck doing, so its about time that I change it.
- Start taking care of myself – I need to put myself first for a while, focus on what I want, need and have. I have been putting other people and their opinions before my own and its time to finally put my foot down and say no. I will be thinking about me and me only on certain things for a while.
- Make more of an effort with my family – Apart from my sisters, I don’t really do much or talk to my family and I’ve come to realise recently that although some of them have made the worst life choices, they are the only people I can truly rely on. I need to fix any broken bridges and start moving forward again.
- New job hunting – I am already on the hunt for a new job, something that suits me better, something that challenges me more. I need to start applying for more jobs and stop thinking about whether someone else would approve or not.
- Make an effort with friends – Some of them I wouldn’t consider friends anymore because they’re selfish, ruse and obnoxious, but some I truly miss and I need to free up my time in order to see them. Some of them I just need to message and that’s it, we’re both happy for months, but some I just need a good hug from and some wine in me!
- Look after my skin – I wouldn’t say I have neglected my skin, but my acne has been super gross lately and I don’t really know why! I might have to juggle a few products around to see if that helps.
- Read the whole Maze Runner book collection – I have read a couple of books but I want to start and read a new series, so I decided that the Maze Runner will do it’s job and keep me entertained. I might do a book review on them, but probably not to be honest.
Did I achieve them?
- Exercise twice a week – I so failed this one! I’ve worked out about 4 times this month, if that. I have however walked a lot to work.
- Be more organised – I have so succeeded this one! I have my posts for next month ready too! I feel so much better for being on top of everything too.
- Save for my passport and travel fare – I really would have been able to do this if my work hadn’t messed up my wages again! It’s not cool when they don’t put all of my hours in and I lose £150.
- Start taking care of myself – I did this and kind of didn’t at the same time. I made sure that my mental health was looked after but I didn’t really focus on anything else. I am going to start having pamper nights soon though because I need some time out.
- Make more of an effort with my family – I’m so close to my dad! He is my best friend, my sister and I are still inseparable and the others I’m working on. It’s hard to please everyone in life, even family.
- New job hunting – I took a big leap and asked to go into a different, more challenging department at work. I’m waiting for them to work it all out but I really hope they say yes.
- Make an effort with friends – I saw or spoke to the ones who are my actual friends, the rest, I’ve cut from my life now. I don’t need them and they only wanted to know me when it was convenient for them anyway.
- Look after my skin – I have been using a new face scrub and it’s working wonders! I’m so happy with the way everything is setting into place.
- Read the whole Maze Runner book collection – Nope. Not happened! I have started reading Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children collection though so I may finish that soon!
Other than my goals, I’ve had a pretty mixed month, I’ve absolutely loved spending time with Jack again, I’m going to do a post on what we’ve been up to soon! I have however had to deal with a lot of other things, unfortunately not that long ago my gran passed away so I’ve been dealing with those emotions and just other things I’ve bottled up.
September will be a better month for sure! I’m going to Somerset, I’m seeing Jack, I have a few birthdays coming up too, as well as some pretty cool brand collaborations.
So keep your eye out for my September posts, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Thank you so much for reading, I hope you have enjoyed this post, if you have be sure to leave a like and comment one goal you’d like to achieve in September.
Lots of love,