Happy Sunday my loves, how are you? I hope you have been enjoying this beautiful weather we have had this weekend. I certainly have! From a family BBQ to hunting for butterflies, we have had a real blast.
I was very kindly sent a mud and bloom June box while I was away and when I arrived back home on Friday, I was very excited to get it out and start using it. So after work on Saturday, we headed out to explore.
Before I jump into everything else, here is a little run through of what I received in this month’s box.
- A welcome to June’s box card,
- Courgette seeds
- 2 lollipop sticks
- 4 compost pellets
- Grow your own courgette instructions
- Sunflower seeds
- Sunflower instruction card
- 2 sheets plain paper
- 2 cotton wool balls
- Sugar cubes
- Make your own butterfly feeder instructions
- Flower head printing instruction card
- Butterfly spotter/ June quiz
– We really enjoyed heading out to the park to look for butterflies, we found plenty of Meadow Brown and Small Tortoiseshell butterflies. Learning about why we should not catch them was a fun lesson too! We discussed creating a butterfly feeder and found the equipment in the box. The kids are very excited to decorate their jars.
The June quiz
– The children are a little too young to know the answers by theirselves, (only being 1 and 3) but talking it through, we pointed out a few flowers and found the pollen inside them.
– Knowing why we have insects in the garden was a great one to explain, after asking about almost every insect, we found out how they are useful and have planned on drawing them.
Unfortunately I arrived home a little too late to plant these with the kids ( you’re meant to plant them by mid June) so instead we headed to the supermarket to buy a few courgettes and tried them with different foods. Surprisingly they loved courgette covered in chocolate. Have you ever tried this?
We loved getting created and after picking plants from the garden (oops) and finding a few leaves and daisies at the park, we created some wonderful pictures.
– Unfortunately this weekend we ran out of time to plant the sunflowers but next weekend we will be! We have all of our equipment ready. We went for a walk and found some sunflowers too!
Overall, we have loved being creative and we have never loved heading to the park more! From finding caterpillars to searching for butterflies to getting messy with the paints, this weekend home has been my favourite!
A huge thank you to the lovely team over at mud and bloom who kindly gifted me this box, we certainly will be having some great fun with it!
Each month mud and bloom bring out a new box full of amazing opportunities for the children to explore and have fun. if you are interested in checking them out I suggest you head on over to www.mudandbloom.com to check them out. You can also find them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Use #mudandbloom to show off too!
Thank you so much for reading tonight post I really hope you have enjoyed getting that to know more about mud and bloom and their wonderful boxes. Do check them out! It’s definitely worth it for the little ones. Please do leave a like and comment below if you have used these before, I’d love to know.
If you enjoyed tonight’s post, let me know by leaving a like and comment below. If you are able to I’d be so grateful if you would donate a coffee to my Ko-fi site. If you’re unable to, that’s absolutely fine!
That’s all from me until tomorrow,
So until then,
Sending you all my love,