Happy Monday my loves, how are you? I hope you have had a great weekend. I have been working all weekend and doing my best to not bore the crap out of Jack. Yesterday we had a super cute moment where I wanted a nap after work but I didn’t want him to end the Facetime so I made him stay and I felt so blooming happy knowing that I would see him when I wake up.
I had some technical difficulties yesterday which lead to this post being completely wiped, so need to start off by apologising to Samara from http://www.giftgoonie.com/ for the delay in uploading. So due to this already being late, let’s jump straight into it and get to know Samara a bit better shall we?
I prefer hot chocolate – Samara’s interview
1. Introduce yourself, what is your name?
- My name is samara and I am a blogger at www.giftgoonie.com. I am a wife and Mum to 2 children.
- I started my blog in January. I was thinking about doing this for a long time and took the plunge in the new year.
- I love food, I am a big foodie and love to try out new cuisines. My current favourite dish is red Malaysian Curry. It’s spicy, but super yum.
2. What made you want to start a blog?
- It was a new Year’s resolution. I really enjoy writing and connection with people and thought this was the best medium for that.
- My blog is a passion project for me as I love buying gifts and therefore started blogging about something I love to do.
3. What inspired your blog name?
- I am constantly buying gifts and also an 80’s child (I know really old, right!). Hence the name Gift Goonie. I was really pleased with it as I think its awesome.
4. Do you think your blog has been a success?
- I’ve only been blogging 3 months and in that time, I’ve connected with numerous lovely people and I feel I’m apart of a fantastic blogging community who are just the best.
- I feel my blog is successful on a personal level. I feel anyone who has the courage to take the first step and start a blog is successful.
5. How do you spend your day to day life when you are not blogging?
- I am a Mother to two young children, so my days are spent looking after my 2 kids. So basically I’m knee deep in toys and nappies most days. I do enjoy watching a good film and binging on Netflix series. Anyone have any recommendations for what I should watch next?
6. Who knows about your blog and are they supportive?
- All my family know I blog and have been really supportive. My Husband however has been my rock. He’s the one who helped me set the blog up and helped me with all the technical stuff. I’m not great with all that and he helped to set up my website and has been very encouraging from day one.
7. If you wasn’t blogging, what do you think you would be doing?
- I think I’d be doing some training course. I really love photography and want to take up a diploma on this eventually. However, I don’t have the time to do that at the moment.
8. What/who inspires your new posts?
- I’m inspired by my experiences. I blog about gifts on all budgets, so I look at gifts that I would give or like to receive. I like to present ideas to my readers and therefore I am inspired by my personal choices.
9. Do you have any social media links you would like to share?
- I would love to connect with everyone and would love people to contact me and ask me about my blog or anything. I’ve been helped by so many people and would like to return the love. So if you would like to follow me, you can find me at:
Twitter handle: @giftgoonie
Facebook: Gift Goonie
10. What is your blogging goal for the next 5 years?
- I hope my blog would make me a Trillion pounds in the next 5 year, so I can retire and go live in the Maldives(!). Realistically, I want my blog to be a community in the next 5 years. I want people to visit because they enjoy reading what I write, but I feel like I want people to be able to talk on my blog, give their opinions and share things if they want to. I want my blog to be interactive and inclusive.
Thank you so much Samara for taking part in my interview series, I hope you enjoyed it! I have loved getting to know about you and I think you have absolutely smashed in terms of making your blog successful, in such a short time you have really created something extraordinary and you should be super proud of yourself. As for a Netflix binge watch I recommend the Umbrella Academy or the Madeline McCann documentary if you haven’t seen them already.
I really hope that you as my readers enjoyed getting to know Samara, I would love it if you could head on over and check out her blog and show her some support on her social medias. If you would like to take part in this series be sure to let me know by either leaving your email address below or by filling out my contact form and I will get back to you ASAP.
Thank you so much for reading, again I apologise for this being up late. I will be back tomorrow with my goals review post and again on Wednesday with a very exciting new post before I return on Friday with my May goals.
I will see you all again tomorrow,
Sending you al my love,