Happy Tuesday, how are you my loves. I hope you are having a great week. I am back with another amazing interview today, I will also have my lash review post live at 8:30pm tonight if my boyfriend stops distracting me.
Tonight’s interview is from the loveliest blogger called Arioch Jackson from the blog Amisanthrope.net , Arioch Jackson is not a real name but we will find out more now.
I prefer hot chocolate – Arioch’s interview
1. Introduce yourself, what is your name?
- My name is Arioch Jackson. That, of course, is a pseu..umm..psudo…fuck…its a fake name. Oh wait, I am a writer now. It is a Pen Name.
2. What made you want to start a blog?
- I do a lot of travelling for work. Consequently, I spend a ton of fucking time in hotels…by myself…like a loser. So, in order to keep myself from running the streets, I started a blog. Did a lot of research on the subject. Looked at a lot of different types of blogs.
- I didn’t find a genre that appealed to me. I don’t shop if I can avoid it. I flatly refuse to keep up with fashion trends. I don’t think I am suffering from any kind of mental illness other than boredom. So, I just decided to just go with what I know. Talking shit…opinionated and utterly uninformed.
3. What inspired your blog name?
- Honestly? I am a bit of a misanthrope. I do not exactly dislike humanity, but I am often disgusted by the mob mentality that is ingrained into our DNA.
- A person (singular) is smart. They can be reasoned with. But people are stupid and dangerous. Naturally, AMisanthrope.net was my choice for website.
4. Do you think your blog has been a success?
- That is a tough one. It has been successful in attracting only the right kind of reader, to this point. In promoting the blog I have made no bones about the fact that I talk a lot of shit, I pull no punches, and I am not sorry.
- Since January, when the site launched, I have over 4,000 views. I do not know enough about this shit to say if it is a success. I don’t talk up products so I have nothing to pitch to potential advertisers. And I don’t like it when a site is littered with ads. So, I am not making any money off of the site. That was never really the goal though.
- But, I do know that the feedback I receive has been positive. Even the people who disagree with my views can see the entertainment value in the content.
- Damn…that was a lot of words to convey “I don’t know.”
5. How do you spend your day to day life when you are not blogging?
- Work work work work. Given the inflammatory nature of my content I never disclose what I do exactly. I would prefer to keep my pay check. When I am not working I am at the gym or feeding my face.
6. Who knows about your blog and are they supportive?
- My wife knows. And she is a total fangirl for the blog. I write for her. Like I am talking to her. Other than that, no one knows I am doing this. Back in the day I had a food blog.
- I exclusively wrote about cooking technique and gave recipes. Annnnd I made the mistake of telling everyone about my little corner of the internet. Disaster. I wrote in the style that I use now.
- Tons of profanity and anecdotes. People loved it. But the pressure from family was intense. Finally, my mom called me and begged me to take the site down because some of her co-workers had found the website and were giving her shit for some of the things I said about her.
- With that experience behind me, and ten years later, I decided to not include anyone but my girl.
7. If you wasn’t blogging, what do you think you would be doing?
- I would be miserable. Sitting in hotel rooms loses its appeal after about a month. Blogging/podcasting gives me something to focus on other than the fact that I have been eating microwave/fast food for four months.
8. What/who inspires your new posts?
- It really is just luck of the draw. Something in the news catches my eye. An idiotic trend on Twitter irks me. Music, food, porn, novels. It really depends on what captures my fancy.
9. Do you have any social media links you would like to share?
- Just Twitter. AMisanthrope1 You can find me there. The podcast is available on iTunes and Google.
10. What is your blogging goal for the next 5 years?
- Really give this podcasting thing a go. I have ideas of ways to blog and podcast as ways to feed traffic to the website. Other than that, I just keep swimming.
Thank you so much Arioch for taking part in tonight’s interview. I hope you enjoyed taking part, I have loved getting to know more about you.
Thank you everyone for reading tonights interview post I really hope that you have enjoyed getting to know another amazing blogger. If you would like to take part in this series be sure to let me know by leaving a comment below and I will let you know all the details.
I will be back late on with my latest review post. I look forward to seeing you beautiful lot soon!
Sending you all my love,