Happy Friday lovelies, how are you? I hope you have had a great day. Have you gone back to school/Uni yet? Today I have been cleaning my room and started my decluttering, I have a long way to go but I’m feeling good.
As I said in my New year resolutions post (which you can find here if you’ve missed it) I have set myself monthly goals to achieve as well as my yearly ones. I find if I don’t set myself goals I don’t achieve much, I don’t have any focus and I lose my productiveness. I haven’t set myself many goals this month, but here they are.
- Save £50 – I have chosen £50 on top of the 10% I’d save from my wages because honestly I’d end up spending that within a few days on food, alcohol and other unnecessary items.
- Drink 2-3 litres a day – I know this sounds like a lot, but I used to drink this amount and then I just stopped keeping up with my fluids. I definitely need to start drinking more again.
- Unplug more – I had a week off from my blog and although I missed not posting, I enjoyed having time away from the screen, I have decided every weekend I will spend 2 hours off my phone and away from any screens.
- Give more compliments – I like to think I am a kind person, if I think your make-up looks pretty I will tell you, if I like your outfit, I’ll ask where you got it from etc, I’d like to compliment more people though, not just my friends, I’d like to start complimenting myself more too.
- Read three books – I am currently on the second book in the Harry Potter collection and there are seven in total, I would like to be on the fifth book by the time this month ends.
- Have a healthier diet – By this I mean I want to eat the correct meals a day and make sure they have a nutritional value.
- Spend more time outside – I did turn into a bit of a hermit in December, I really didn’t venture outside and I spent the majority of my time in bed. I want to get out more and get back into my photography too.
- Declutter – I know this is one of my new year resolutions but I really want to work on cutting down on space and getting rid of the things I have been holding on to for absolutely no reason.
- Cut down on sugar – I don’t have a lot of sugar in my drinks but it’s the amount that is hidden in my food, I need to half the amount of sugar I am consuming.
- Travel somewhere – I already have this one set, I have a few places in mind already and I have my travel diary ready!
- Vlog – I have one pretty well with that so far, I vlog from Monday to Friday and upload on a Sunday at 6pm. I’ll pop a link to my channel here for any of you who are interested.
- Call people – I don’t really understand why no-one likes to call anymore? I need to make more of an effort to actually speak to people.
- Eat breakfast – I am so bad at doing this, I get to work and feel dead because I’ve not had anything to eat
- Write a gratitude journal – I am grateful for a lot of things but I don’t say it enough so I want to do a list.
- Meditate – I want to try and focus my energy into something good, and I feel meditation would be a good thing to try.
That is the end of my January goals. I hope you enjoyed reading tonight’s post, if you did please let me know by leaving a like and comment below one of your January goals. I will be back on Monday with a new post. I look forward to seeing you all there,