Happy Monday! How are you lovelies? I had my blood results back today and they were normal which for most people would be great news, but for me, it’s not the news I wanted. I’m still waiting for my swab results back so hopefully they’ll show something.
Tonight I am sharing a new recipe with you. This is not sponsored but I do have a discount code for you to use if you’re interested.
A few weeks ago I watched Ebony Day’s vlog channel if I find the video I will leave a link here for you. In the video they had received a box full of ingredients and recipe cards from a brand called Gousto. I thought I would take a look at what they offered seeing as my nan was going to be away for a week and I cannot cook to save my life!
The site itself is really easy to use, it offers some amazing recipe’s and you can add more on for an extra price. It’s super affordable too which makes me very happy! You can check it out for yourself here.
As I said this is no way sponsored I thought I would share the brand considering this recipes from one of the meals I picked out. Shall we jump into the recipe?
Simple broccoli and cherry tomato pasta bake (v)
Ingredients for 2 (double for 4)
- 1 broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves
- 30g panko breadcrumbs
- 50g baby leaf salad
- 15g pumpkin seeds
- 1 balsamic vinegar sachet (15ml)
- 40g mature cheddar
- 125g mozzarella
- 200g conchiglie (pasta)
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 400ml milk
- 40g butter
- 40g flour
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C (fan) 425°F/Gas 7. Boil a kettle. Add the conchiglie pasta to a large pot of boiled water with a pinch of salt, bring to the boil over a high heat and cook for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, reboil the kettle. Cut the broccoli into small florets and cook for a further 4 minutes. Once done, drain and transfer to a plate, reserve the pan.
- Meanwhile, grate the cheddar cheese. Tear the mozzarella into rough bite-sized pieces. Peel and finely chop (or grate) the garlic. Dissolve the vegetable stock cube in 50ml boiled water. Add 400ml milk to the stock this is your creamy stock.
- Melt 40g butter into your reserved pot over a medium heat. once melted at 40g flour and stir with a wooden spoon for 1-2 mins or until a sandy paste forms this is your roux. Gradually whisk the cream is stock into the roux, a little at a time and cook for 5 min or until smooth thick sauce remains. Seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper this is your béchamel sauce.
- meanwhile combine the panko breadcrumbs pumpkin seeds and half the grated cheddar with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Return the cooked pasta and broccoli to the pan with the Béchamel sauce. add the cherry tomatoes torn mozzarella and the remaining grated Cheddar to the pan and give everything a good mix up. Transfer everything to an oven proof dish and top with cheesy breadcrumbs. Put the dish in the oven and cook for 20 to 25 min or until bubbling and golden.
- Meanwhile combine the bus and vinegar with 2 tablespoons olive oil this is your balsamic dressing.
- once done remove the pasta bake from the oven and leave to stand for 5 min before serving. Super simple broccoli and cherry tomato pasta bake with the baby leaf salad to the side drizzle the salad with the balsamic dressing.
Now won’t lie I forgot to take pictures of the step-by-step process but I did remember to take an after picture. I have never had mozzarella before I am not a fan of seeds either, but I did again this a good go and I froze down the remaining bake that I did not eat.
This was a little stressful because my insane controlling skills he came out and took control of everything. However once cooked and dished up this is by far was worth the time and effort it took. I have thoroughly enjoyed this.
I have links the Gousto website above and I will leave a link here for you to just in case you do want to check it out and get your own box. again this is not sponsored this is just something that Gousto kindly offer but when you create account. I am pretty sure using the link above get you 50% off your first and second box!
Thank you so much for reading I hope you have enjoyed this post, let me know if you will be checking out Gousto or if you be creating this recipe yourself. I would love to see your creations you can tag me in pictures on Instagram and I will add them to my next cook or bake post.
I hope you have a wonderful evening and look forward to replying to all your comments I will be back tomorrow at 7pm with a brand new interview post.
Sending you all lots of love,