Welcome back and happy Tuesday. How has your day been? So many of you headed back to school/work today, how was it? I’d love to know, let’s have a chat about it in the comments.
Tonight I am bringing you my thirty-first interview post, isn’t that crazy! I cannot believe we have made it this far. Tonight’s interview is with the very lovely down to earth Gayle from the blog Tartantights.wordpress.com. Let’s jump straight into the interview.
1. Introduce yourself, what is your name?
- My name is Gayle Smith
2. What made you want to start a blog?
- I started blogging to be a voice for a yes vote in the Scottish Independence Referendum
3. What inspired your blog name?
- I have two blogs now. The name for my first one Tartan Tights came from being both a Scot and a transwoman. The name for my second one Skirting Round My Life was inspired by the fact that I formed it to focus on trans and more generally female issues.
4. Do you think your blog has been a success?
- I think both my blogs have been reasonably successful for different reasons though Skirting Round My Life is still building an audience
5. How do you spend your day to day life when you are not blogging?
- I spend my day living as an ordinary fifty something transwoman doing the things we all have to do.
6. Who knows about your blog and are they supportive?
- My friends all know about my blog especially those in the worlds of politics, and spoken word poetry which I regularly perform at venues throughout the central belt of Scotland.
7. If you wasn’t blogging, what do you think you would be doing?
- If I wasn’t blogging I think I would have to keep busy so I would probably be writing more poetry and attending even more even than I already do.
8. What/who inspires your new posts?
- I think life in general inspires my posts but especially events I attend such as shows, and political rallies.
9. Do you have any social media links you would like to share?
- You can find me at @2202Gayle
10. What is your blogging goal for the next 5 years?
- My blogging goals for the next five years to keep creating quality content and hope people read it.
Thank you so much Gayle for taking part in my interview series. I hope you enjoyed taking part. It was so lovely getting to know more about you. I wish you all the success with your blog.
Thank you for reading Gayle’s interview, I hope you enjoyed getting to know Gayle. If you enjoyed this post, leave me a like and a comment below but also head on over to Gayle’s links and show her a lot of community love!
Thank you so much, I will be back tomorrow at 7:30 with a brand new exciting post.
Have a great evening,