How are you? I hope you’ve all had a great day. I’m sorry this post is late I didn’t realise how difficult running a house would be and being so ill has definetley made things harder. I’m constantly tired which doesn’t help.
Before I get into tonight’s post, there is just a few things I want to update you on. Incase you missed it, or you don’t follow my Instagram, I posted a poll and asked when would you like to see me upload. The majority vote was for Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays so that’s when I will upload.
I am also working on my Instagram highlight section so be prepared for a spam on my stories. Good news for you too, I’ll only be posting once a day this month! I know uploading three times a day was a lot for you to digest, but I really enjoyed it. Anyway, shall we jump straight into the real reason you’re here.
August goals recap
As I do in all of my goal review posts, I’m going to share a recap of what I set myself and to remind you too.
- Say no more often – I’m great at cancelling plans when I can’t be bothered to go, but I also have to break plans when I don’t want to because I don’t like saying no to my family. I’m trying to do more things for me to build myself so I need to learn how to stand my ground.
- Eat more – Such an odd goal to set, especially when I’m doing well with losing weight, but in order to maintain healthy, I need to eat more and exercise more. Not eating only leads to problems later down the line.
- Stick to my schedule – I get distracted easily and I always find other task that I feel need doing when they probably don’t which means my schedule gets put back at times because I’m busy doing something else. I need to focus my energy into sticking to my schedule and going off task and completing everything on my list.
- Start my day earlier – I don’t necessarily get up late, I think the latest I get up now is 9am, and the earliest is 7:30am. I feel I spend a lot of my time in bed though, feeling sorry for myself or browsing through my phone instead of being productive. The earlier I start my work, the earlier I can have time to myself.
- Try one new thing every day – I am going to do my best with this one, it doesn’t have to be something big, sometimes the simplest of tasks are overlooked.
- Read – I set myself this goal every month and I don’t think I’m actually complete this one yet. I actually love reading so it’s really disappointing when I don’t get to chill with a good book.
- Make my bed – Sounds so stupid right? I do make my bed, by that I mean, chuck my duvet back on so it looks like a bed, but I don’t re-dress it every morning like you should. So that’s a new job for me.
- Embrace the change – I think I like to plan my life too far in advance then get upset when things don’t actually turn out that way. I need to stop setting high standards and wishing my life away and just live in the now and go with whatever is lined up for me. Good or bad, I’m going to have to embrace it.
- Declutter – I hold onto every little thing, I went to Tonbridge the other day to purchase birthday gifts for my Dad and I kept the train tickets, why? I don’t know! Tonbridge isn’t even that far from me so it’s pointless. I need to go through my things and get rid of the stuff I don’t need.
- Reach 1k on Instagram – I have restarted my feed on Instagram for the hundredth time! I’m so over the top and want everything to be perfect. I put so much effort into my blog and my Instagram and it really sucks when no-one appreciates it or even notices the hard work I put in. My Instagram is finally growing and I’m currently posting 3 yes 3 times a day! I always reply to comments and if you DM me I’ll reply too! If you don’t follow my page, I’ll leave a link here for you.
August goal review
Now, how well do you think I have done? So many of you like to make a bet and I’d love to know what you’ve set this time.
- Say no more often – I don’t believe that I achieved this one actually. Anything anyone wanted I would do instantly. It’s not a good look.
- Eat more – So I didn’t get to achieve this goal either. With being ill, my nan not eating and just the blatant laziness, I have ate less this month!
- Stick to my schedule – Ha! We all know this one didn’t work! Maybe I’ll do better next month.
- Start my day earlier – Is 6am early enough? The last few days I have had to be waking up at 4:30/5am! It’s the hardest thing I have done. Being really ill and waking up that early hasn’t done me any favours either.
- Try one new thing every day – I didn’t begin to attempt this one because honestly I forgot I set it as a goal.
- Read – I’ve not sat down and finished a full book as of yet, but I have started several books but just wasn’t I the head space to continue them. I have started to read Fearne Cotton’s book Calm and it’s really helping me.
- Make my bed – Check! I feel so untidy if I forget to make it. It’s the simple things in life that make me happy.
- Embrace the change – I still need to work on this. I think I went a little too far and pushed too many boundaries but that’s the fun of life right?
- Declutter – I have thrown away so much rubbish, receipts dating back to 2015! socks with holes in, napkins from parties etc, I have also gifted a lot of my things to my sisters (make up, clothes etc) and given some things too.
- Reach 1k on Instagram – What a stupid goal this was. Even after working so hard on my theme, it just didn’t work. I have a cute feed now though so that makes me happy.
That’s it for my final August post lovelies, I hope you enjoyed reading it. I would love to know if you achieved any of your monthly goals. I hope you’ve had a wonderful August and made some truly precious memories.
Let’s all begin September with a clear head, fresh eyes and a wide heart. I hope you have a wonderful evening and I will see you on Monday.