Happy Sunday I hope you have all had a wonderful day, my day started very early this morning but I have had the most productive day so I am now chilling on my bed with a cup of tea writing this post while listening to the sound of this rain hitting against my window, say peaceful is an understatement.
Before before I jump into you reviewing my goals I just want to announce that I have had a domain change, I am now lifelikeagalaxygirl.com which means I have got rid of the top wordpress.com part. I am not 100% self-hosted but I will eventually get there I think the main thing for me was having my own domain and being able to call the space that I have mine.
I am very excited for this new chapter of this journey I’m glad I’ve done it now because my August posts are going to be absolutely amazing I have put so much work into them and they are 100% my best content.
so now that that’s out of the way I guess we should jump straight into reviewing my goals.
July goals recap
It seems July started so long ago, I definitely feel this month has dragged, and I must admit I had forgotten some of the goals I had set myself so I am sure that you will need a quick refresher to.
1. Freedom – I hate being on my own it leaves me too much time with my own thoughts and that’s really not a good thing, but moving out I have had to learn that I will be on my own a lot and I can’t run back to my mum and dad’s every time I feel lonely. I need to see this as a new opportunity to find something I love and to enjoy the freedom I have.
2. Read – I feel like this is a goal pretty much every month but I just don’t have the time to sit there and read my book. if I am not working on my blog which I am doing a 75% of the time I am working on living a normal life where I balance work family and social activities. I do need to pick a day where I just take the evening off to you read a book.
3. Workout – I am losing a lot of weight simply because I am not eating as much as I used to be but I feel like although I am losing weight I should also be working out in order to maintain the weight loss and to get a good figure.
4. Speak up – last month I left a lot of things get to me and I mean A LOT, I just didn’t have the balls to say that I didn’t like what was going on and I just sat there and silence and let everything get on top of me until I finally broke. This month I need to stand up a lot more and share my opinions and views on things because problems can’t be fixed if people don’t know who they were there to begin with.
5. Saving – I had a talk with my bank the other day and it turns that my savings account is the crappiest savers account ever I have a 0% interest which means when I put money in I am not getting anything in return so I am currently in the process of moving to a better savings account which gives me more benefits which will help you when it comes to saving. I am working a lot more each month now and now I am contacted my wages are different to which means I am able to put more than £1 away each month towards my savings account.
6. Vision boards – vision boards are my biggest motivation but I just don’t create enough of them to inspire myself. I need to start creating more vision boards with in aspects that I want to move forward in. My vision boards always help me stay on track of my goals which is good because I then don’t stray and try to achieve something else.
7. More time with my Nan – although I have moved in with her I don’t feel like I spend enough quality time with her so I need to change that. I’m sort of like a lodger that just pay the rent and occasionally eats dinner with her but that’s about as far as it goes which when you think about it is actually quite sad.
8. Adventures – I need to stop letting my fears control what I do and don’t do. I spend so much time over analysing situations that I don’t enjoy what other people enjoy because I left the past cloud my judgement. Say I am determined to you go on more adventures even if they’re just little ones just something that I can say that I’ve done without having the fear that something will go wrong.
9. Wear more make-up – I know this is a weird goal but I feel make my makeup skills have a massively improved and I am getting more and more compliments each time I wear make-up with lips my self-esteem majorly. I have recently bought myself a new eyeshadow palette so I want to you use that and have some fun creating some new looks.
10. Try to enjoy the sun – the heat and I do not get on I hate the heat with a passion but I need to get out there more and enjoy the sun and stop letting my low self-esteem get in the way of that. I brought myself some new summer clothes but I have talked myself into the fact that I am too fat to wear them so I am still in leggings and jumpers in heat that is like 29°C.
How well did I do:
1. Freedom – I went on a date, I had some fun with a really sweet boy who is literally amazing, it was so weird because the conversation was so easy and nothing was forced, I laughed and that’s rare! I have been spending more time on my own, keeping myself busy though! I’d say this was a success.
2. Read – If you can count reading slideshows about forensic science then yes, I have read so much! I have been reading on and off too, but I just can’t find anything I am really interested.
3. Workout – Your girl has lost 1.5tone! I am still working out and still eating less, and I feel amazing!
4. Speak up – I have voiced my opinions, upset a few people, got myself into trouble a few times too but I do feel like a weight has been lifted, so I can’t say I’m that bothered.
5. Saving – I am doing really well with my saving actually, I have some big plans that I want to achieve so saving is a necessity. I’m currently saving up for my passport and I can do everything I want to after that so that’s another goal achieved.
6. Vision boards – my vision boards are the best they have kept me so motivated and so prepared to tackle new things. I definitely should have created them earlier but I can happily say that I will be using them a lot more from now on.
7. More time with my Nan – I achieved this one as well. I actually went food shopping with her yesterday where it was a nightmare as well as fun actually. it’s nice just to get some quality time and talk about things that I wouldn’t normally talk about.
8. Adventures – I would say I have half completed this, I went out of my comfort zone went somewhere hasn’t been before with someone new and I had a really good time. I’m looking forward to you having more days out and adventures over the next few months and I can’t wait for my big trip in February either.
9. Wear more make-up – honestly I have killed it with the makeup game. I brought a new palette about a month ago and the shades in it are gorgeous. I have managed to create some really cute summer looks and I have had a fair few compliments eyeshadow game so I am very pleased.
10. Try to enjoy the sun – I did this the best I could I have been working when it has been 35 degrees which has been a total nightmare, I don’t do well with heat so working in that sort of environment with no air has literally drained me, it has been raining today so I haven’t been able to sit in the garden but next week the weather is meant to pick up again so I will be doing some tanning.
I think this month I have absolutely smashed my girls I have managed to complete 9 and a half out of 10 which I think is the best I have done so far. Although this month has had many downfalls and many times where I was just in a complete state I definitely feel this month as someone that has shaped me and has made me more confident, more settled and a happier person.
I would love to know if you have achieved any of your July goals if you have done a post do you leave a link in the comments or just comments something you have achieved this month.
Thank you so much for reading I hope you have enjoyed my post I will be back tomorrow with a review on how my July has been and on Tuesday there will be a brand new interview with the lovely Kim.
Sending you all lots of love,