How are you? I am so sorry that this post did not go up yesterday, it was scheduled but my whole site crashed! So, huge apologises to Katie!
I will be uploading twice tonight, so make sure you head back here at 9pm. Let’s jump straight into Katie’s interview.
1. Introduce yourself, what is your name?
- I’m Katie, a 19 year old student and blogger. I’m a first year studying Media and Communication at University.
2. What made you want to start a blog?
- I started blogging because I wanted to be creative and publish content. Since I’m a media enthusiast, I wanted to create my own media content and blogging seemed like the most appropriate way to do so since it doesn’t involve a lot of equipment, just passion and commitment.
3. What inspired your blog name?
- My blog name is so unoriginal, it is literally my first name and my middle name haha. I didn’t want to use my last name as that’s a little more ‘personal’ in a way, so thought I’d opt for my middle name instead.
4. Do you think your blog has been a success?
- I have had blogs in the past (I think I’m on my third haha), out of all of them, my current blog has been the most successful. To me, my blog is a success when people enjoy my posts and get something out of them. However recently I have been starting to work more with brands and other bloggers with collabs which I’ve never done before so that is a personal achievement for me and my blog.
5. How do you spend your day to day life when you are not blogging?
- When I’m not blogging I’m either at University or at work. I do spend a fair bit of time at home or going out with my friends and family which I love.
6. Who knows about your blog and are they supportive?
- Most people in my life know about my blog and are supportive, some understand my ‘successes’ of blogging more than others but overall everyone is supportive. My mum is one of my number one fans, she’s always getting notified and reading my posts once I’ve posted them haha.
7. If you wasn’t blogging, what do you think you would be doing?
- If I wasn’t blogging, I’d probably be doing more Uni work (unlikely). I occasionally create videos that I upload to YouTube, I’d probably do more cooking/ baking tutorials as now I only typically create videos when I go on holiday – but I do really enjoy doing it!
8. What/who inspires your new posts?
- I love reading blogs by other people, these give me inspiration of post ideas. Then sometimes I just come up with random ideas, there’s nothing specific.
9. Do you have any social media links you would like to share?
- Here are my social links:
10. What is your blogging goal for the next 5 years?
My blogging goal is to grow my audience and improve my blog page itself with better photos/content. But I’m more than happy to see where it takes me really.
A huge thank you to Katie Lauren for taking part, again I apologise for this not going up yesterday, I will be looking into what’s wrong with my blog.
I have only a few places left if you would like to take part. I’m looking at creating a new series next year involving bloggers too, so if you want to be involved with that, message me on Instagram and I’ll be sure to send you all the details once it’s in place!
Thank you so much for reading, I hope you have enjoyed getting to know Katie Lauren. Make sure you check out her socials and show her some love.
I’ll be back later, sending you lots of love,