Happy Tuesday! In just a few more days, Summer will finally be here and I cannot begin to express how happy I am! I have so many plans for when the sun decides to stay.
Anyway, today isn’t about my summer plans (that’s coming up soon in a very fun collaboration), today’s post is all about Melanie from https://frasersfunhouse.com/ I cannot wait for you to find out more about her.
1. Introduce yourself, what is your name?
- I’m Melanie based in Cumbria where I live with my husband and three kids.
2. What made you want to start a blog?
I have always had a massive passion for writing and always aspired to be a journalist however once the kids came along those dreams were put on the back burner. Last year I was given the opportunity to write for an online lifestyle magazine and my passion was reignited so I took the leap and started my own blog and I haven’t looked back!
3. What inspired your blog name?
- My blog name is inspired by the old school 90’s show fronted by Pat Sharp, Fun House, as well as the fact that I feel like I’m living in a mad house most of the time!
4. Do you think your blog has been a success?
- My blog has been a personal success for me as it has really helped me with my mental health issues giving me a creative outlet. When I started my blog I was unsure if anyone would actually read what I was putting out there, but I feel incredibly lucky that people have actually taken the time to read and comment on my posts.
5. How do you spend your day to day life when you are not blogging?
- As a Stay at Home Mum I spend my day’s looking after my youngest son and Completing all those boring but necessary jobs around the house!
6. Who knows about your blog and are they supportive?
All of my family and close friends know about my blog and the response I have had from them is amazing, especially Mr F who always gives me a boost telling me how proud he is.
7. If you wasn’t blogging, what do you think you would be doing?
- Even though I have only been blogging for less than a year I genuinely don’t know what I did with my time beforehand! If I didn’t blog I would most probably spend my time watching TV and doing more reading in the evenings.
8. What/who inspires your new posts?
- There isn’t anything or anyone specific that inspires my posts- my ideas usually come to me when I’m driving or in the showers and I quickly have to get to a pen and paper to jot them down before I lose them forever. I try to write about things that interest me and hope that the same can be said for my readers!
9. Do you have any social media links you would like to share?
Instagram : www.Instagram.com/frasersfunhouse
10. What is your blogging goal for the next 5 years?
- I would love to be able to turn blogging into my job, especially once my little man starts school in September however I know this is the ultimate dream for most bloggers! I would be content with continuing to grow my blog and audience and still enjoy writing.
Thank you so much Mel, I loved having you take part, I wish you all the best with your goals and with your family too! Good luck to your little one with school too!
That’s it from me and Mel, thank you all so much for reading, I hope you’ve enjoyed reading about Mel, if you too would like to be a part of my interview series, all you need to do is fill out the contact form below.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Thank you so much for reading, I have some exciting posts coming up, I’m looking for some collaborations too (I have some lined up but the more the merrier) so you can fill the contact form above too.
I’ll see you tomorrow! Have a great evening,