Welcome back to another interview post. This time, I’m interviewing the wonderful Issy from Issybellefox.com so let’s just straight into it.
1. Introduce yourself, what is your name?
- My name is Isabelle Fox and I blog over at IssyBelleFox
2. What made you want to start a blog?
- My good friend Vikki from Victoria’s Vintage has a great blog and she inspired me to start my own, it’s pretty much the only hobby that I’ve stuck at; I enjoy the whole process from thinking of content, photography, writing and even some of the SEO and techy stuff.
3. What inspired your blog name?
- It started off back in the day as Belle Beauty – dead cheesy but I got to the point where I was ready to buy my own domain and something as cliché as Belle Beauty was obviously taken. I didn’t want to use my complete full name so I decided on Issy Belle Fox and have stuck with it ever since.
4. Do you think your blog has been a success?
- It’s definitely been more of a success than I ever imagined, not only have I had the chance to work with some of my favourite brands and attend some amazing events, my infertility posts have received some touching feedback from people who has made me really proud of sharing our journey so candidly.
5. How do you spend your day-to-day life when you are not blogging?
- I work full-time for the local authority so there’s lots of paper work, meetings with clients and stressing out over IT issues. As well as that I’m also 8 months pregnant so when I get home there’s a lot of napping and not feeling too well.
6. Who knows about your blog and are they supportive?
- I think pretty much everyone knows about my blog – it’s never been something I’ve hidden. I know some people feel awkward / embarrassed about sharing their blogs with family members and friends for fear that they won’t understand what blogging is or, because they don’t want them to see what they write about. The way I see it is that you can easily explain blogging and it’s perks to people who struggle and if you can’t share your content with your loved ones maybe have a think about if you should be sharing it at all or, consider going anonymous and saving the yourself the worry.
7. If you wasn’t blogging, what do you think you would be doing?
- I’d probably have a lot more money as I wouldn’t have such a good excuse to buy make-up and beauty products but I’d also probably be a little bored too. There’s lots to do when it comes to blogging from creating content to having a strong online presence as well as following the dramas, making new friends and getting lost in Pinterest.
8. What/who inspires your new posts?
- New beauty releases / discoveries play a huge impact on my blog as it is mostly beauty and make-up but my life in general also plays a key role. We shared our whole journey from getting diagnosed with infertility, going through treatment and our pregnancy. I’ve also written interior posts and posts about looking after our two cats. I take inspiration from whatever is around me and think that if I have something valuable to pass on, it’s worth writing about.
9. Do you have any social media links you would like to share?
- My Instagram and twitter would be amazing, they’re both @IssyBelleFox
10. What is your blogging goal for the next 5 years?
- I’d love to work with some more amazing brands and really get to grips with SEO, I also guess I’ll be posting more parenting / lifestyle post as the little one grows too.
This interview was back in February, Issy has now given birth and little Freddie is gorgeous! Issy has been very open about the struggles she has faced through this journey, her Twitter being a main highlight for me. I love her honesty and while sometimes she share a little more than I’d like to know, it’s good to see her stay true to who she is and not feel the need to glamorize her life.
Thank you Issy for taking part in my interview series, I have loved following your journey. Thank you to everyone for reading, please do check out Issy’s links and give her a follow.
If you have enjoyed this post and want to be featured yourself, fill out my contact form or drop your email address below and I’ll get back to you. I don’t have many spaces left, so first comes first served.
Thank you for reading, don’t forget to leave a like and drop a comment below if you enjoyed Issy’s interview.
I’ll see you again tomorrow.
Lots of love,