Happy Friday! How are you? Are you looking forward to the weekend? I was until I foolishly picked up a Saturday shift. I have Sunday off though so I shouldn’t complain too much.
Today, as you can see by the title, I am bringing you my morning skincare routine. I don’t have any fancy products or do anything amazing, but I love reading others routines so I thought I would share my own. So here it is.
My morning skincare routine
1. When I wake up, I always wash my face with a flannel and and lukewarm water. I don’t like using hot water because it drys my skin, and cold water isn’t great for me especially first thing in the morning.
2. After I’ve washed my face with a flannel or a face cloth, depending what you want to call it, I then use my facial wipes just to really get into my pores and clean them. I don’t use anything fancy, just a £1 packet from Wilkos.
3. After I have washed my face with the wipe, I then get a cotton pad and use a little bit of my simple kind to skin purifying cleansing lotion. A little goes a long way so I only use one cotton pad. I then use a second cotton pad to rub it into my skin. I don’t really know why I do this.
4. After the cleansing lotion, I use the Simple kind to skin soothing facial toner. This time I use the same cotton pad I put the toner on, I make sure to get into my hair line and under my chin too.
5. Next up we have a moisturiser. During this cold weather, my face tends to become a bit dry and just not great, so I use a light layer of L’oreal day moisturiser just to stop it from cracking in the wrong places.
6. After my face is moisturised, I like to apply some Vaseline to my lips because again, I don’t want them to crack.
7. Once my face is all done, I move on to tackle my stretch marks, I don’t have a lot, but I have enough that it bothers me (its my own fault for getting so big) so I take a cotton pad, apply some Johnston baby oil, the stretch mark one (duh) and I rub it in stall circular motions over my stretch marks.
8. I then wash my hands using my dead sea soap to get rid of all the oil that goes through the cotton pad.
9. To finish up, I use my body shop mango body cream and apply that to my arms and chest area. They are the bits I have on show the most, so I like to keep them creamed up and it’s just good for your body.
10. I wait about half an hour until I start doing my make-up, I know people usually do it straight away, but I like to leave the products to start doing their thing.
And that is my morning skin care routine. I know that most people only include their face products, but I thought I would share the whole lot because it’s still skin after all.
As you can see, I don’t use anything fancy, £1 wipes, 89p cotton pads, a free bottle of strech mark oil and simple products, all of which you can find in a supermarket.
At the moment, my routine seems to be working, I have had a small outbreak where I am coming to the end of my contraceptive injection. I don’t know if it’s a normal side affect, but I get it every 3 months around the time the injection runs out.
Well my loves, I hope you enjoyed this post. If you did leave me a like and comment below your go to skincare products, I’d love to find some new ones. If you really enjoyed my post, share it with your friends and social media, we are so close to 150 followers! Don’t forget, once we hit that, I will be doing a spa box giveaway!
I hope you have a wonderful evening, stay safe. I will see you again tomorrow for another post.