How are you? I hope you have had a wonderful day. Can you believe that tomorrow is the last day of the year? That is mental! Hasn’t gone by so quickly? It’s also strange to think that my blog started at the beginning of the month, and now we’re here. It’s amazing what things we can accomplish in such a short amount of time.
I have a whole month to complete 10 goals, it doesn’t sound like a lot, but this month, I have had a lot going on. I can’t quite believe how busy I have actually been. If I haven’t been at work, then I have been doing other things for the family or for this blog. Who thinks I managed to pass my goals? Keep reading to find out. But before I tell you if I did or didn’t, here is a recap of the goals I set myself.
- To read the whole Twilight Saga again.
- To eat healthier.
- To go to bed before 1am.
- To help around the house more.
- To lose a bit of weight (3lbs).
- To remind myself everyday that I am beautiful.
- To not take any time of work.
- To sort through my clothes and give my old ones away.
- To meet my best friend for a Christmas day
- To be grateful for everything I have.
Okay, so here is what I achieved and what I didn’t achieve.
1. To read the whole Twilight saga again. – No I didn’t do this. I re-read New Moon but that’s it. So next on my reading list is Eclipse.
2. To eat healthier. – Another no. Well it’s a sort of no. I haven’t been eating too many “bad foods”, just my weight in curlywurly’s. So I kind of ate healthy because that’s the only “bad food” that I ate a lot off. I mean, it was a stupid goal to set in the first place.
3. To go to bed before 1am – Yes, I’ve done this! Try going to bed at 8pm. I’m usually asleep before 9 now, and I sleep right through until 9am. I am really making up for those sleepless nights aren’t I? I genuinely feel so much better too, I have more energy and actually want to get things done.
4. To help around the house more. – Technically no, but that’s because I had picked up so many shifts at work to help out, so by the time I got home, everything had already been done. That’s not my fault though, so I am takin this one as a pass.
5. To lose weight (3lbs). – I lost 1.5lbs but that’s it, so not quite my 3lbs I was hoping for, but it’s still better then nothing and I am really proud of myself for not putting any weight on. I know that it’s been Christmas so I shouldn’t worry about my weight too much but because I struggle with it a lot, I needed to make sure I didn’t put anymore on.
6. To remind myself I am beautiful. – Not in those exact words but I did tell myself that I am a kick ass woman who can do anything I want, and that did the job just as effectively. I am quite proud of the things I have achieved this month, and there is so much more to come.
7. To not take any time of work. – Instead of taking time off I decided to pick up more shifts, such a bad move but I did it anyway, but I can 100% say that it will not be happening again. It was so stressful and it tired me out very quickly. Let’s just say, now that I have worked Christmas two years in a row, I am certainly not working it next year. I also booked my birthday of, I don’t know if that counts as time of and my birthday isn’t until February but book early to avoid disappointment, right?
8. To sort through my clothes. – Honestly, I just haven’t had the time too. I have been so busy doing everything else I just haven’t found time to do it, I will at some point, I just need to work out when I have a free day and do it then.
9. Best Friend Christmas day. – Yes I did this. It was amazing, it was fun and great to not be thinking about work. Just enjoying each others company, getting each other into the spirit, having a day full of selfies, food and good company. What more can you ask for? We are going to make more of an effort to see each other, we just live two very different yet equally as busy lives.
10. Be greatful for everything I have. – Honestly, I don’t think I can be anymore greatful, this year but especially this month has been the hardest so everything that I have recieved has really touched my heart. It’s not just gifts though, it’s peoples time and genuine concern for me and I am beyond happy to say that I am entering a new year with some amazing people. They say that what goes around comes around and I am beyond thankful for those of you who have helped me stay in a positive mindset.
Well my lovelies, that is the end of my December goal review, it is also my last post of 2017! It’s crazy how much this blog has grown in just a month. I can’t wait to see all of you in my 2018 journey!
Thank you for reading, if you enjoyed don’t forget to leave a like and comment telling me what one goal you achieved this month. If you really liked it don’t forget to share it with your friends too.
Lots of love!