How are you? I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, I look forward to reading your posts all about it. I have had a very busy few days so my What I got for Christmas post wont be up until after the new year, I hope that’s okay. Apart from work being stressful, my Christmas wasn’t that bad, I got spoilt, again. I was able to spend time with my family and truly appreciate what I have and who I have in my life. Sounds a bit cheesy but it’s this time of year that I start to really miss those who have left us too soon, so I like to make the most of who and what I have.
As you can see from the title, I am sharing my Christmas bucket list. I know Christmas is over, but I wanted to share this anyway, besides, this could give you some inspiration for next year.
My Christmas Bucket List
- Watch the Christmas lights
- Have hot chocolate
- Bake Christmas goodies
- Build a gingerbread house
- Light a fire
- Have a PJ day
- Have a no phone day
- Take a photo with Santa
- Watch Christmas movies
- Wrap gifts
- Have an advent calendar
- Decorate the tree
- Take loads of family pictures.
See, my bucket list isn’t that long or that hard to complete, so here is what I did to achieve them.
1. Everywhere puts up some sort of Christmas lights, my joy is driving past them, stopping to take cute pictures. My town doesn’t really go all out, they stick up a Christmas tree on the shops/pubs and the church has a few lights up, but that’s it. It’s people’s homes that make it fun to see. We can be pretty crazy sometimes.
2. Having hot chocolate is an everyday thing for me. My mum 100 per cent makes the best hot chocolates ever, I don’t know what she does to them but I love them. My hot chocolates come in second place, I love to add vanilla ice cream on top and let it melt into the drink. Trust me, you should try it.
3. I baked a few Christmas goodies, you would have seen my post with two recipes, if you didn’t then check it out here. I also baked some Chocolate raspberry brownies which were perfect!
4. I am beyond gutted that I wasn’t able to do this, so I am doing this when I hopefully move out next year. I’m such a baby when it comes to things like this. Who made a gingerbread house this year? Let me know in the comments.
5. We didn’t have a fire either, but my nan did. I’m not too sure if that counts. But I still got exactly what I wanted which was the glorious smell of the fire out in the cold. I just love it.
6. Have a PJ day went out the blooming window too. so far I’m not doing well at this. Basically I decided to pick up loads of shifts at work and then I’ve had some really busy days doing blog things or family things, so I haven’t had the chance to be lazy.
7. I had sort of a no phone day on Thursday. I had work so I wasn’t able to sit on my phone and do nothing and when I finished I went for a nap. The only time I went on my phone was to send streaks on Snapchat and to upload on Instagram and Twitter. So did I achieve this?
8. Taking a photo with Santa was a huge fail. I was ill when he came around so I had to miss out. I did however sneak a peak of him through my window, not exactly what I wanted but that’s as good as it was going to get.
9. At least I managed to do this, I have watched so many Christmas films. I think my favourite was “A Christmas Prince”. Netflix really pulled it out of the bag this year, they even have “Love Actually” on there too!
10. I wrapped all of my presents and I was so proud of them. My family seemed to like their gifts and so did my friends, I know that one of them was very ungrateful but who cares haha, at least the others are decent.
11. I had an advent calendar! I didn’t have to buy it myself either, my mum pulled through and brought me an advent calendar! I am one of those weird ones that open the doors from 24 down to 1, because you’re counting down to Christmas. Does anyone else do this?
12. Decorating the tree is my mum and dads thing, but I helped a little, I kind of told them when it looked shit and when it didn’t and then we ended up with a decent looking tree. It wasn’t the best because I wanted a white tree with rose gold ornaments.
13. Family pictures is my favourite part of the holidays, you always get great one which you’re really proud of and just want to share around, but you also get the really bad ones, where someone is a little drunk, everyone is bloated and exhausted from the fun. I find those ones are the best for Birthday posts.
Well that guys is the end of the post. I hope you enjoyed my bucket list post. If you did don’t forget to leave me a like and comment below what you enjoyed the most about your Christmas, if you really enjoyed it, why not share it too.
Thank you so much for reading, I hope you had a wonderful day and I look forward to seeing you in my next post,
Lots of festive love,