Happy Friday! It’s finally time to relax. The weekend is upon us and you only have one more week left at school, technically only 5 days left at school. You can do it guys! Today I am in a super good mood, so I thought I would share that good mood by producing a fun post for you.
Seeing as it’s now the weekend, some of you will get the enjoyment of laying around relaxing, so this post is for you guys. I have found two amazing fun Christmassy recipes that I think you’ll love. So let’s start of with making some gingerbread fudge.
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 12oz white chocolate chips
- 2-3 tsp ginger, sifted
- 1/2 – 1 tsp cinnamon, sifted
- 1/2 – 1 tsp nutmeg, sifted
- Pour the condensed milk and chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat for 2 – 3 minutes or until white chocolate has nearly melted. DO NOT OVERHEAT
- Stir until completely blended, melted and smooth.
- Immediately add the spices and combine thoroughly.
- Transfer to an 8×8 inch aluminium foil lined baking tray.
- Leave to set in fridge.
- Once set, cut into squares and enjoy.
Have you ever thought of making gingerbread fudge before? If not, you so should. The best part is, if you have any left over, store it into an airtight container and it will last up to 2 weeks! So you get to enjoy it for two whole weeks! Just in time for the Christmas snacks to start rolling in.
Now, onto the second recipe. It’s time to make some truffles.
- 1 200g tub cream cheese, softened
- 350g icing sugar, sifted
- 500g plain chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- In a bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually beat in the icing sugar until well blended.
- Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla until no streaks remain.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Shape into balls.
Note: Use crushed walnuts, grated chocolate or coco powder to roll your truffles in for decorations.
When I made my truffles with my friend Saskia, we put caramel inside them which hardened in the fridge. It tasted amazing, if you would like the recipe for that, leave a comment and I will upload that for you.
That is it lovelies, two amazing recipes that bring two amazing outcomes. Who will be getting their apron on tomorrow and creating these? If you do decide to make your own, be sure to tag me on Instagram to show me your creations, you can either do that by using my username: Lifelikeagalaxygirlblog or use my very own #’s. Use #Galaxygirlbakes or #Galaxygirlcreations in your photo and I will be sure to see them.
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed, if you did, don’t forget to leave a like and a comment, if you really enjoyed it, share it with a friend. I hope you all have a wonderful evening, and those of you who are heading out, stay safe.
I hope to see you all again tomorrow.
Want to be a part of a giveaway? Help me get my blog to 250 followers for a chance to be a part.