Welcome back to my second post. I am still in shock that this is live already. Thank you for the support on yesterdays post, if you missed it, be sure to check it out after you’ve read this post.
How are you today? What have you spent the day doing? I have been having a chilled day, currently recovering from tonsillitis again, so I made myself a pot of tea and settled into my bed with a good book and the Netflix series “The Originals” to keep me company.
As you’ve read in the title, today’s post is about my December goals. I would love to know your goals for this month too, so leave a comment below with your top three goals and how you plan on achieving them. Here are my goals.
My December Goals
- To read the whole Twilight Saga again.
- To eat healthier.
- To go to bed before 1am.
- To help around the house more.
- To lose a bit of weight (3lbs).
- To remind myself everyday that I am beautiful.
- To not take any time of work.
- To sort through my clothes and give my old ones away.
- To meet my best friend for a Christmas day
- To be grateful for everything I have.
That’s this months goals, I know that some of them seem very silly and not really goals, but here is why I have set them as goals.
- I started to read them, then I distracted myself with my phone and social media. My aim is to finish the saga without distractions by the end of the month.
- Lately because I have been ill and because I had a huge argument with my best friend, I took the chance to indulge in stupid amounts of chocolate and just general fatty foods. This hasn’t made me put much weight on, but it has made me feel ill, so in order to make myself feel better, I need to eat healthier.
- My night routine is out of the question, in fact, it doesn’t exists anymore. I stay up until stupid o’clock and then I sleep in because I am tired. My brain only seems to function well late at night, so that’s when I like to do most of my work, but it really isn’t good for me, so my aim to go to bed before at least 1am. That would be an improvement.
- I have noticed recently that my mum and dad practically do everything for me, they make sure I eat 3 meals a day, make sure I have clean clothes, make sure I have new toiletries if I need them etc. and I don’t do anything to show that I appreciate it, instead I add more clothes to the washing and more dirt to clean up. So this month, I am going to be putting more of an effort in to help them out, I mean I need to learn if I want to move out, and honestly I should have helped months ago.
- My weight is a real struggle of mine, I put on weight very quickly, I just don’t burn it off as quickly, at the moment I am at a reasonable weight, I am not as big as I used to be, but I am still referred to as “chunky”, for my own peace of mind, I want to lose 3lbs that I put on just over a month ago. I know 3lbs is basically nothing, but it would mean something to me.
- My self esteem is like my night routine, non existent. I can spend hours ripping myself apart for the way I look, and to be honest, on bad days I do, I am my own worst enemy at times because I know the right things that will make me hit an all time low. I need to change that, I need to work on my self esteem in order to work towards my mental health, so each day, I am going to find an empowering quote and say it to myself as I am staring at my reflection. It can go really well and I could finish feeling confident, or it could be terrible and make myself feel worse. We will soon find out.
- Last month, I had to get my mum to phone in sick on the day I was meant to be working. I hate doing that, but in my defense, I wasn’t able to talk. My throat was swollen because of my severe tonsillitis and I couldn’t swallow properly, so I was dribbling the extra saliva. I wasn’t in any condition to show my face at work, but I am determined to make sure I attend every shift, even my ones on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day.
- I am losing weight slowly which is great, but that also means the majority of my clothes don’t fit me anymore. I have always done it where if my sister doesn’t want any of my old clothes, I take them to a charity centre near me and give it to them. That way I am clearing out space as well as helping others that need it. It’s a win, win.
- I haven’t seen my best friend in so long, she is so busy with college and her new friends and I am busy with work and family that we just don’t get the chance to see each other that often, so this year we are having a Christmas day, filled with eating, baking, more eating, watching movies and having a general catch up, which is long over due.
- This isn’t a goal because I am not grateful, because I am, I am grateful for so many things, this is a goal because I don’t show it. When I appreciate something, it’s not obvious that I was appreciative. Besides, it’s always nice to know when someone is grateful for something you’ve done, so it’s time I tell them.
That guys is the end of my December goals and why I have set them. As I said, I would love to know your top 3 goals for the month. Don’t forget to follow my blog if you’re new, leave a like if you enjoyed reading and chat in the comments.
Thank you for reading, I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.